Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Media Request - KEO Films Documentary
Hi everyone,

I have a request - I work for a documentary production company called KEO Films and I'm doing some research on the sex and adult industry.

We're developing a new programme and we’re looking for people to speak to who can provide an honest and realistic view of what life is like being a sex worker in the UK. Whilst many documentaries on the topic concentrate so much on negative stereotypes of the industry, we are interested in speaking to people who have chosen sex work as a job, and to hear about their experiences and the issues surrounding the industry that really matter to them.

If you were interested in speaking, any initial conversations would just be for research purposes, with no pressure to take part in the series. It would be as much for you to ask your own questions about the programme proposal and KEO Films. All talks would be completely off-the-record, and complete discretion can be assured for those who may want to keep their identities anonymous.

For a bit of context about KEO Films: we’re widely regarded as one of the UK’s top independent documentary production companies, with a long history of making intelligent, award–winning films. Our productions are shown by many of the major broadcasters, including the BBC, Channel 4 and ITV. Our recent work includes the BAFTA winning 2016 BBC series Exodus, which documented the plight of refugees coming to Europe. You can see more information on that and our other projects on our website here: http://www.keofilms.com/projects/our-journey-to-europe/

If this sounds like something any of you may want to discuss you can reach me on patrick.carnegy@keofilms.com or 07981 115 228

Thanks!

Patrick
Channel 4 and the other channels want to 'shock' the world with these kind of documentaries for many, many years. They hardly portray a realistic image of the girls, instead concentrating on the extremes portraying as if all the girls are on drugs, drunken etc. The reality the majority of girls are decent human beings who want to be discrete in this world rather than have one night stands with a guy you will never hear again from. But try telling these film makers the truth. Whatever you do you will be told everyone is superior to you and you are nothing. Better leave the world in their ignorance.
There's a series on Channel 5 (UK) at present - it certainly gives sex workers of all flavours a platform for making their own points. The issue I have with the series is that it seems to be focussing on the very extreme side of the business (and some of it is very extreme) rather than on the majority who are ordinary folk trying to make ends meet (yeah, I know, a generalisation Sad ).

I suspect most sex workers here will be giving you (patrickkeo) a very wide berth.
Yes I agree.There was a channel four one on a few years ago and to the general public it looked like webcammers were earning thousands of pounds a week which is not the case at all,despite what some claim.Unrealistic and then we get the influx of newbies joining the site who last all of 5 mins........
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Mistress_Silk for this post:
  • Madame X