Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So Quiet
I think it might be that the directcam has become worse.  Earlier this week I tried to login and got the same message others did about using dongles, proxies and vpn's.  My profile then vanished as well, it was blank.  AW could not get it back, so I had to rewrite it.  My account was working, but my profile was lost. 

Today one of my regulars contacted me on Skype, totally exasperated,  to say that when he tried to connect to me via direct cam, he was told the video timed out.  He said that this has happened to him a number of times over the last few months and that I must be losing out on a fortune.  He was shocked to hear that AW was more or less ignoring the problem.   I am regularly cut off direct cam and get the 'timed out' when I try to log back in.  AW website also appears to be slower. Angry
I think it might be that the directcam has become worse.  Earlier this week I tried to login and got the same message others did about using dongles, proxies and vpn's.  My profile then vanished as well, it was blank.  AW could not get it back, so I had to rewrite it.  My account was working, but my profile was lost. 

Today one of my regulars contacted me on Skype, totally exasperated,  to say that when he tried to connect to me via direct cam, he was told the video timed out.  He said that this has happened to him a number of times over the last few months and that I must be losing out on a fortune.  He was shocked to hear that AW was more or less ignoring the problem.   I am regularly cut off direct cam and get the 'timed out' when I try to log back in.  AW website also appears to be slower. Angry
(20-01-2018, 13:50)nightape Wrote: I think it might be that the directcam has become worse.  Earlier this week I tried to login and got the same message others did about using dongles, proxies and vpn's.  My profile then vanished as well, it was blank.  AW could not get it back, so I had to rewrite it.  My account was working, but my profile was lost. 

I have been getting a few emails this week from clients saying how frustrated they are as everytime they try to jump in my group room it says it is full when I am sitting here filing my nails. :/

But yet seems we are being overpriced by AW on everything so they are making money but not spending it to ensure that we stay.  What other webcam sites are out there that are worth our while?
(20-01-2018, 11:54)Ms Dee Wrote: Good lawd!

I did not cam last night I was too tired.  Logged in this morning and I had made £30 in movies and PG.  i have been adding new content and added two new movies yesterday.  I now regret not going on but I am not a night owl.  But will try tonight and see what happens.

£30 is good, better than nothing especially when it's this quiet. Well done :-)
Yeah it seems we all have these problems but AW says their is no problem there end. I mean we've noticed a decrease since around July 2017. Everything was fine then it seemed it just went dead.

I would definitely agree lovely with you on the profiles that are charging 80p or less a minute.  Honestly, can they be making any money at all?   For a while I changed my section from Dirty Thirties to Watersports as I found a hidden talent, however, it was a pointless exercise. There seems to be a lot of undercutting going on over on that section and competition to be as low priced as possible which I totally do not get.  I never lowered my prices and had a big dip in sales so promptly took myself back to Dirty Thirties.  I'm now making a little bit more than I was previously over the summer and seen an increase in regular clientelle.  We actually sat down this lunchtime and had a chat to see what I could do to increase content sales as at the moment I have very few photos in my private gallery although selling very well and only one video lolol.  I'm now off for the week so this is going to be my main focus for the next 7-8 days.
(20-01-2018, 13:48)nightape Wrote: I think it might be that the directcam has become worse.  Earlier this week I tried to login and got the same message others did about using dongles, proxies and vpn's.  My profile then vanished as well, it was blank.  AW could not get it back, so I had to rewrite it.  My account was working, but my profile was lost. 

I have had a few guys say to me they have tried to request private but it just tells them session timed out. It's getting ridicolous now  Undecided
I logged on at 9.30am was in free till 2pm then just had private on till about half hour ago, got 2 skypes but 70 credits on directcam. I don't mind about the % being taken when im earning enough credits but due to not earning sod all i feel like I am entertaining the guys for free its driving me mad.
(20-01-2018, 14:02)Ms Dee Wrote:
(20-01-2018, 13:50)nightape Wrote: I think it might be that the directcam has become worse.  Earlier this week I tried to login and got the same message others did about using dongles, proxies and vpn's.  My profile then vanished as well, it was blank.  AW could not get it back, so I had to rewrite it.  My account was working, but my profile was lost. 

I have been getting a few emails this week from clients saying how frustrated they are as everytime they try to jump in my group room it says it is full when I am sitting here filing my nails. :/

But yet seems we are being overpriced by AW on everything so they are making money but not spending it to ensure that we stay.  What other webcam sites are out there that are worth our while?
MyFreeCams.com and Chaturbate have been reccomended to me, they do both take 50% but have a hell of a lot of traffic and some girls are earning 10k plus a month so I may give them a guy if it keeps up like this on AW.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to _BrandiFoxx_ for this post:
  • BeautifulBADGirl, Ms Dee
I signed up to myfreecams and niteflirt after I had all these problems with my AW account, I actually like MyFreeCams.com I go and have a mooch on it from time to time but I have to say, what keeps me with AW is I just cant deal with having to sit in free view all day, as I'm trying to start a business up so work on that whilst my cam is on but no freeview. I also think MyFreeCams.com's is mainly for younger women from what I see, I dont think I could deal with having to drum up business by doing those spinning wheel games and white board quiz's, nor have my lovense hanging out my butt for hours on end, BUT respect to those that have that kind of energy and patience in freeview. Also seeing some freechat rooms with 500 plus people in, time wasters or not, is still awesome traffic.
In 2016 and early 2017 I would log on for two hours an evening only and make 300-500 credits per 2 hour session like clockwork, but now I hit around 160 credits by being online all day.. its still taking home 100 pounds per day whilst I'm starting my business up, so covers my rent and bills etc, so can't complain.. but its a full time job now instead on a quick buck.
I have to say if it wasnt for my regulars I would be struggling alot, the traffic is without question down drastically. I fondly miss the days when I used to ignore people who wanted to come into my private room at 3.49 credits a min, simply because I didnt feel like talking. lol.
(20-01-2018, 19:54)LisaAW Wrote: I signed up to myfreecams and niteflirt after I had all these problems with my AW account, I actually like MyFreeCams.com I go and have a mooch on it from time to time but I have to say, what keeps me with AW is I just cant deal with having to sit in free view all day, as I'm trying to start a business up so work on that whilst my cam is on but no freeview.  I also think MyFreeCams.com's is mainly for younger women from what I see, I dont think I could deal with having to drum up business by doing those spinning wheel games and white board quiz's, nor have my lovense hanging out my butt for hours on end, BUT respect to those that have that kind of energy and patience in freeview.  Also seeing some freechat rooms with 500 plus people in, time wasters or not, is still awesome traffic.
 In 2016 and early 2017 I would log on for two hours an evening only and make 300-500 credits per 2 hour session like clockwork, but now I hit around 160 credits by being online all day.. its still taking home 100 pounds per day whilst I'm starting my business up, so covers my rent and bills etc, so can't complain.. but its a full time job now instead on a quick buck.
 I have to say if it wasnt for my regulars I would be struggling alot, the traffic is without question down drastically. I fondly miss the days when I used to ignore people who wanted to come into my private room at 3.49 credits a min, simply because I didnt feel like talking. lol.

I know what you mean about MyFreeCams.com it is a lot of entertaining but it's a case of wait and see for the big tippers and I have seen 20000, 30000 being tipped offline to some models so is worth it. Although I think if I went back on I wouldn't offer naughty shows in free chat (quite a lot of models don't even do nude in free) I think it's more a case of personality (not age) I am nearly 32 although I keep trying to get away with teasing twenties on AW haha. I even brought a spin the wheel, roll the dice and other things but never got round to using them, thought I would try them on AW but nobody sticks around in Group long enough so gave that a miss.

It is sad to see AW go downhill so fast as it used to be a great site...it does just seem to be turning into a cheap site with 99% assholes lately but who knows it all may change again haha but I know what you mean about the days of ignoring privates because you can't be bothered....now it's a case of run like mad from the bathroom or kitchen when you hear a request dinging.

I hope all goes well with your business venture  Heart
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to _BrandiFoxx_ for this post:
  • L2018