Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone know how much data jci uses?
Hi all,

A few of you on here will have seen my earlier post about moving house and the internet problems that has caused (among numerous other issues I am also having at the mo!).

I went to the new place yesterday to ask some of the other households if they had issues with internet (as it is a new build development).  It seems that the letting agent completely lied when telling us getting internet would be no problem at all. One of the people I spoke to has been trying to get a phone line since September and still has no internet or phone. Apparently there is some issue BT can't resolve and at present they are saying they can't promise we will EVER be able to get internet or even phone lines in that location. An absolute joke and like nothing I ever expected to come across in 2018!

Anyway, despite the letting agents lying to us (no way would I have knowingly signed an agreement for a house that can't get internet!) we have signed a contract for 7 months which basically means we are going to have to try and ride this out for 7 months.

I am trying to explore all options at the moment!  I have taken my laptop down there already to try bt's free wifi with fon service..... no reception, can't connect :-(

So, my only other option seems to be a 4g mobile broadband service. My issue is I am guessing jci uses quite a lot of data! The highest data allowance I can find is 40gb a month.

I am useless with knowing how much data anything uses, it may as well be written in ancient Egyptian for all the sense it makes to me!

So, with that in mind, does anyone here have any idea how much data jci uses to stream on average? I do stream in HD but may have to move to SD if it uses too much (which I guess it will). 

Also, and this is a really daft question, but I have no clue on the answer, will it only be using the data when I have someone in my room and am performing, or will it be as soon as I log on, regardless of whether or not anyone is in my room? This is quite an important question for me, but I have no idea how to word it to ask Google! I am really hoping it is only when actually in a show and not as soon as I log on, otherwise quiet nights are going to start costing me a fortune!

Many thanks to anyone who can shed any light on this - and thank you to the girls who posted on my last thread too :-) x
I don't think a dongle for 4g will cut it babe but you could research satellite Internet. It can be expensive but much more chance of being able to cam with it x
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gone for this post:
  • sultryshelley
(14-01-2018, 16:16)xXxMEFxXx Wrote: I don't think a dongle for 4g will cut it babe but you could research satellite Internet. It can be expensive but much more chance of being able to cam with it x

Thank you so much :-)

I had never even heard of satellite broadband before, just had to go and have a read about it!

It does look like it could potentially be promising - especially as I have found one that offers unlimited date overnight, which is generally when I cam :-)

Thank you so much for the tip xx
Oh gosh lovely! We live on a new build estate and moved in when the house was first built six years ago. It took us nearly five months to get a phone and broadband installed. Total torture. We used a dongle for a while but it was essential use only Sad No help, I'm really sorry lovely, just wanted to empathise. Wish I could offer some practical help Sad xxxx
I had to tether for a while and I used around 1G data thethering from my phone for 8 hours online x