AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Webcam & Lights! - Tech
Rainbow 
Hi guys,

I'm relatively new to aw and i'm trying to reinvest some earnings into a decent set up for myself.

I need some advice on model of webcam and also one of those ring lights you can put on that attaches.

I also bought a new laptop which i though would be better than my old one, but its really not, its a lenovo and im seriously considering taking it back. It seems that on my new laptop, mobile users cant see me, whereas on this one, they can and the picture is better on this webcam (built in).

I'm desperate to provide good quality camming, and know I need to invest but don't want to muck around without a clue.

Any suggestions?

love, love and more love!

AJ xxx
hi hon, I'm using a Logitech C90 ( Think) external webcam that you plug in using usb. Its been much better for me than built in cam. I then use a good quality spotlight right next to my set up. Its been real cheap getting these - got the cam on eBay and light from homebase. Hope that helps.
thanks lovely i will check it out!

xxx
(13-01-2018, 17:06)autumnjasmineaw Wrote: Hi guys,

I'm relatively new to aw and i'm trying to reinvest some earnings into a decent set up for myself.

I need some advice on model of webcam and also one of those ring lights you can put on that attaches.

I also bought a new laptop which i though would be better than my old one, but its really not, its a lenovo and im seriously considering taking it back. It seems that on my new laptop, mobile users cant see me, whereas on this one, they can and the picture is better on this webcam (built in).

I'm desperate to provide good quality camming, and know I need to invest but don't want to muck around without a clue.

Any suggestions?

love, love and more love!

AJ xxx

I definitly reccomend the Logitech C920 or C922 have been using them since I started camming many years ago.
I do have studio lights and a ring light but have not used them unless I am shooting content....I also brought LED Cool White Lightbulbs which gives the effect of being in a bright white studio Heart
I have heard of the ring light I just use natural light
I have the logitech C930 as its better if you are using a Macbook than the c920 which is for PC's. I have just found out about this software from the mac store called iglasses, it means if you dont have good lighting you can adjust exposure, shadows and contrast etc in JCI if you click on iglasses in the select cam section. Its about £15 but well worth it.
I also have a diva dimmable ring light with stand 50w from ebay they are not cheap, mine was about £89 but the best investment I have made, alot of beauty bloggers use them as they make me look alot better on cam, I have fair skin so having clamp lamps glaring at me make me look like a ghost. Some people prefer the soft box lighting for a more natural softer appearance, but I find iglasses helps with that as it has an adjustment to sharpen or soften the screen.
good luck xxx
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to L2018 for this post:
  • SexyImogen