Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

grrrr justcamit HELP PLEASE!
Hi for some reason when i try to use justcamit it just shows a black screen? No video from me at all?! I have searched the user manual etc but cant see any relating articles... help anyone? Thanks xxx Shelly xxx
(29-04-2017, 21:21)Tara25 Wrote: Hi for some reason when i try to use justcamit it just shows a black screen? No video from me at all?! I have searched the user manual etc but cant see any relating articles... help anyone? Thanks xxx Shelly xxx

That's weird because I've got the very same problem.

I've been using JustCamIt since 2012 without any technical issues to speak of. But in the last couple of weeks I'm consistently getting a black screen when I open JCI. Occasionally I can get the screen back by restarting or shutting down my pc but it's totally random and today no amount of re-starting my pc has got the normal screen back.

My camera light is on, the computer thinks the cam is in use and the camera (logitech c270) works in Skype or with the logitech software. I've uninstalled and re-installed JCI version 3.0.8 - to no effect. Also the drivers are up to date.

I'm baffled to say the least. The fact that you have the problem also is slightly encouraging, in that it may be a more widespread issue, perhaps to do with some incompatibility between JCI and logitech.
You might be logged in to Direct IM, double check your Just Cam It settings and make sure the Direct IM box is left unticked.
I have the same problem and settings are correct. Must be a problem their end, but so annoying losing money.
(30-04-2017, 10:42)Ana_X Wrote: You might be logged in to Direct IM, double check your Just Cam It settings and make sure the Direct IM box is left unticked.

Hi Ana

Thank you. I had considered that but no, I haven't accidentally ticked the Direct IM box in JCI settings.
Anyone else still having this problem? So annoying have lost a days cam work so far and still not working. I have sent justcamit an email to see what they say. Very frustrating on a bank holiday too when it's busy .
Hi,
I am the qualified computer tech for my group and one of the girls has been experiencing this problem since yesterday also. I have tried all usual troubleshooting and no joy, including use of external webcam over the internal. the laptop is Windows 10 and hasn't installed any new updates since 24th April, yet AW have stated in email, that it is an update that has caused the problem and others are experiencing difficulties also. They state they are working on the problem and advise using JCI Lite from www.videochat.tv as a temporary solution.

Hope this helps slightly
Hi,
Thank you for that, I was just about to post the response I got to my email, which basically says the same thing. Smile Hopefully this will work, so will give it a whirl in the morning.
Ever since using Windows 10 I have constant problems with JCI, so I've had to stick with my old Windows 7 laptop while camming unfortunately.
(30-04-2017, 18:59)Laptop_Refurb Wrote: Hi,
I am the qualified computer tech for my group and one of the girls has been experiencing this problem since yesterday also. I have tried all usual troubleshooting and no joy, including use of external webcam over the internal. the laptop is Windows 10 and hasn't installed any new updates since 24th April, yet AW have stated in email, that it is an update that has caused the problem and others are experiencing difficulties also. They state they are working on the problem and advise using JCI Lite from www.videochat.tv as a temporary solution.

Hope this helps slightly

For what it's worth my operating system is Windows Vista. I had suspected that may be the cause, as Windows has withdrawn support, but presumably it isn't if Windows 10 users have the same problem.

I've had a quick go on the JCI Lite and that seems to work fine.

The downloaded version has certainly been worse this weekend. Basically it's black screen every time whereas previously it had been intermittent.