Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

directcam probs
I tried to cam last night, but the bandwidth and frame rate was just to low. I presumed it was a problem with my broadband but after calling them, and doing speed tests that all fine. My IP said its all the programmes running in the back ground slowing it down and he wasnt allowed to tell me which ones to delete and then went on to say, if i deleted the wrong thing it could mess up my laptop and I need to take it to a pc shop. Before i do that I just wondered if anyone else was having probs or better still could help me

Thanks in advance!Smile
I once cammed and before logging in, justcamit was showing a full bandwidth but when I logged in, it showed a stupidly low bandwidth that I couldn't even cam with. I don't know why it was doing it, it was purely justcamit and I simply left it for that day.
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

On twitter @ClassyKatyxxx
(28-02-2013, 12:11)Classy_Katy Wrote: I once cammed and before logging in, justcamit was showing a full bandwidth but when I logged in, it showed a stupidly low bandwidth that I couldn't even cam with. I don't know why it was doing it, it was purely justcamit and I simply left it for that day.

I was hoping that was the case, but its still the same this morning... sigh
Ive took the chance, deleted a few things and it seems to be ok! not sure if ive done something right or its just a glitch as you said katy, but after so long "off sick" im just relieved!
This morning I had updates from my virus guard and it dropped the bandwidth to nothing & locked just cam it so I logged off everything & restarted my laptop and it seems to be ok. But having too many programs open can sometimes affect it.
(28-02-2013, 12:23)fetishbootslut Wrote: This morning I had updates from my virus guard and it dropped the bandwidth to nothing & locked just cam it so I logged off everything & restarted my laptop and it seems to be ok. But having too many programs open can sometimes affect it.

I normally just have aw open and directcam, sometimes the forum too, the tech guy showed me how many programmes were running in the back ground without having anything open, it was lots, im not very techy so this suprised me. I havent logged in, but ive opened directcam with my cam on and the bandwidth and frames are now back to normal. could be coincidence that ive deleted a few programmes or may be its just gone right for whatever reasons, as i said im just relieved!
I am not techno minded either!!. But I too just have cam it, aw, forums open as if my laptop starts to generally slow I shut things down but overall seems ok. May of been coincidence but main thing is it works for you.
Hi,
Don't know if this is what your techie guy told you, but in task manager, under processes, you can see what's running in the background, if the user is 'system' 'local or network service' it's most likely required, but not all others will be. Messengers, iTunes updater for eg run in the background and can use a fair amount of memory which can affect other programs running.
HTH
Gem x
Do a virus scan & download C cleaner and use it every few days. http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
(28-02-2013, 22:47)GemGemz Wrote: Hi,
Don't know if this is what your techie guy told you, but in task manager, under processes, you can see what's running in the background, if the user is 'system' 'local or network service' it's most likely required, but not all others will be. Messengers, iTunes updater for eg run in the background and can use a fair amount of memory which can affect other programs running.
HTH
Gem x

Yep, I think this is what he showed me