Adultwork Forum
full time cam/ give up day job - Printable Version

+- Adultwork Forum (https://adultworkforum.com)
+-- Forum: General (Public) (https://adultworkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (Public) (https://adultworkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: full time cam/ give up day job (/showthread.php?tid=7669)

Pages: 1 2

full time cam/ give up day job - scarlett_bunnyx - 03-09-2015

Hey guys new to the forum!
I work full time and have been doing webcam/phone chat for couple months now with success. I am seriously considering giving up my full time job to work self employed full time as camgirl. Any guys successfully done this? I make my normal days wage easily within 3-4 hours and absolutely love doing cams! Just wish i could put more hours in but my day job is so exhausting! Thank you all in advance! Xxx

RE: full time cam/ give up day job - Nova70 - 03-09-2015

Your facing the dilemma that everyone who wants to work for themselves has to face, no matter how much you dislike your current job it offers the security of that weekly/monthly deposit in your bank account, so I guess your looking for reassurance from those who have already made that decision. As someone who doesn't use those services on AW I was surprised to see just how big the market is after reading about it on this forum and it seems there's certainly room for more providers.

I wonder if there's a niche in the market for middle aged slightly balding men who could talk dirty about insurance related issues, I'll check it out.

RE: full time cam/ give up day job - Del - 03-09-2015

I would say do it, it's the best thing I ever did and I went from a job to doing JUST phone sex. It is a bit daunting not having holiday pay etc but the harder you work on your profiles and marketing the more money you'll make.

I now do cam and I am very comfortable without having to do much at all.

Good luck Big Grin

RE: full time cam/ give up day job - xKatieBabyx - 03-09-2015

Webcam and especially phonesex are not in the greatest place at the moment. there is huge swathes of new girls starting up all the time, and not enough customers to keep up with them. the market is very saturated and will only continue to get worse. i would suggest having a part time job at the very least to ensure all your basics are covered. Don't forget there are plenty of other non office based jobs you can do, whether for yourself or someone else. Check out the boost your income thread on moneysavingexpert.com x

RE: full time cam/ give up day job - Ana_X - 03-09-2015

I gave up my full time job and career in retail management to go full time doing what I do. So long as you prepare for and can tough out the times when income is next to zero there's no reason not to pursue being self employed.

RE: full time cam/ give up day job - 1hornylass - 07-09-2015

But do remember when you are a newbie on cam you are very popular, busy and hence making more money. The men do like the new girls and as Katie said there's lots of new girls coming on all the time

RE: full time cam/ give up day job - sarahxxx - 07-09-2015

(03-09-2015, 18:24)Ana_X Wrote: So long as you prepare for and can tough out the times when income is next to zero there's no reason not to pursue being self employed.

As Ana said...

If you have a good week don't spend all the money, next week may not be as good, if you want a holiday for a week then you lose a week pay.

If you have a quiet week and need the money, then you may have to work longer to get it

You are responsible for paying your own tax etc... So you need to put money aside to cover this.

If you can put some money into savings before quitting your main job then even better.

Can you reduce your hours at work to start with? Or take an extended holiday? Once you have left your job it will be gone and there may not be a way back, should you need to.

I do not know your circumstances but if you work at home alone, some people can start to feel isolated, not good for your state of mind if your that type of person.

Good luck...

Sarah x x x

RE: full time cam/ give up day job - MissSophieGreen - 07-09-2015

I gave up my full time job a few years ago, mainly because I hated it not because I wanted to cam full time.
I lasted Oct-Jan, and although I always hit my target I didn't like the worrying of no pension, no sick pay, no holiday pay etc. I set myself a daily target and aimed to work 17 days a month. Not bad but then you have to think that some days you hit target, others you don't so I think I was working more than 17 days.
I was single at the time and in the end it drove me a little bit crazy staying at home everyday talking to my laptop.
Now I work part time and cam the rest. I know my real job will always pay the mortgage, bills and some food, and my cam money is for holidays, clothes, going out etc.
It's a very different experience when you are camming because you need to, not because you have a bit of spare time on your hands and fancy logging in for a couple of hours.

RE: full time cam/ give up day job - scarlett_bunnyx - 09-09-2015

Thank you all soo much ladies x I recently got promoted at my day job which has sadly resulted me being bullied at work. To the extent I am now on anxiety/sleeping tabs. My manager has been super supportive but since things got reported by another colleague things have gone worse. When im at home with my family I have no worries/stress. And like I said even most days im on cam I can manage easily my daily wage (sometimes takes alot of work) but I get there eventually. To the girls who have took this up full-time, do you make a comfortable living? With more tim re on my hands I do think I could make alot more, especially putting in the extra effort. I work twice a week on cams past couple months and earn my weekly salary (just about) thanks again to each of you
that took the time to reply. With love Scarlett xxx

RE: full time cam/ give up day job - xKatieBabyx - 09-09-2015

I would not put all your eggs in the camming basket. Like i said above, lots of other, non office based ways to make money x