Adultwork Forum
Photography Thread - Printable Version

+- Adultwork Forum (https://adultworkforum.com)
+-- Forum: General (Public) (https://adultworkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (Public) (https://adultworkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Photography Thread (/showthread.php?tid=1262)

Pages: 1 2 3

Photography Thread - jayzee77 - 31-08-2011

Well seeing as Darkstranger is in to photography, I thought I'd start a thread never know we can compare kit and drool over lenses and maybe offer advice to those wanting to upgrade their photos on their profiles.. etc.

I've always enjoyed taking pictures, and have recently upgraded my camera and lens to a canon 40D and a Tamron 18-250, I started off with a canon 300D. One of my friends and also DrC started pushing me towards photography and saying that some of my stuff was good, so i volunteered at a charity fashion show and got some really good pics and some really crappy ones!

So thats where I started more seriously, my main interest is pet photography.

RE: Photography Thread - iluvjem - 31-08-2011

(31-08-2011, 06:49)jayzee77 Wrote: So thats where I started more seriously, my main interest is pet photography.

I have really started to enjoy the whole process though I confess I'm never going to get excited over the camera themselves. I love my camera I have but confess I couldn't even tell you what it is without checking..looks cool though ha ha Big Grin

I have my own little zoo here and enjoy taking pics of them alot Smile

RE: Photography Thread - darkstranger - 31-08-2011

I started by doing a taster course at college. I started with an old centon with a 50mm lens shooting black and white film and developing it. I then moved to a canon 400D and now I shoot with a canon 7D. My lenses consist of a canon 50mm, canon 18-55mm and a sigma 28-300mm. I mainly photograph animals and wildlife in general. I'm on flickr so if you would like to see any of my pics just I.M me. though they are amateur but I have a go. My next lens is going to be a canon 70-200mm f2.8

RE: Photography Thread - davidseven - 31-08-2011

I was very much into it at the end of the 70's. Minolta XM and XG9 bodies and Rokkor lenses from 24mm to 58mm, Tamron 85- 210 zoom and Sigma 500mm mirror.
Landscape B & W mainly using Pan F or FP4 and my own processing and development.

Just getting interested again with a Panasonic bridge camera Lumix FZ28 and the odd compact, As with all these things, Its finding the time to indulge.

RE: Photography Thread - Vulcan1 - 31-08-2011

I have a Canon AE1 with 3 lenses of varying length, but I now normally use a Kodak P880 bridge camera.

The Kodak allows me to be lazy with point and shoot, or I can get pretty much all the manual settings you get from a DSLR. It will take images in 3 levels of jpg as well as TIF and RAW images.

At 8mp its good enough for me. The only downside is the lense is only 24-140mm which can be restrictive with sports events. Most of my pictures however are landscape shots.

Maybe if I had more time I would get a proper DSLR.

RE: Photography Thread - TophatMark - 01-09-2011

Doesn't matter what camera I use.. I am more than capable of chopping heads off with everything from top of the range to a throwaway Wink

RE: Photography Thread - abcdef - 12-09-2011

do u all use memory cards with your cameras

RE: Photography Thread - Freddo - 12-09-2011

I do Lolo as you can take a lot more pics that way before having to develop or save them. A lot of cameras will only have a small memory before you have to download them

RE: Photography Thread - kinkydirtybitch - 12-09-2011

Pointing & clicking is about where I'm at with photography as my main interest is videography so thanks for the kodak p880 recommend! Wink

Just got a mega mac which takes aforementioned memory cards without faffing about with cables. Yet another reason why I ♥ it so much!

RE: Photography Thread - abcdef - 12-09-2011

got it Big Grin