Adultwork Forum
14 years of Webcam Bookings coming to an end - Printable Version

+- Adultwork Forum (https://adultworkforum.com)
+-- Forum: General (Public) (https://adultworkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (Public) (https://adultworkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 14 years of Webcam Bookings coming to an end (/showthread.php?tid=11508)

Pages: 1 2 3

14 years of Webcam Bookings coming to an end - admin - 08-05-2019

Today marks the end of days when the much loved staple of webcamming is to be phased out, bookings via MSN, Yahoo, Skype, Facetime etc are to go. Its been a feature of Adultwork since early 2005.

Service providers will instead be encouraged to use the Directcam Special Offers feature instead.

Benefits of Using DirectCam Special Offers
  • You can set non-negotiable rates for fixed length sessions, which potential customers can see whether you are online or not in conjunction with your DirectCam Availability.

• You can opt to allow the client to continue beyond a special offer duration at the same discounted per minute rate.  Otherwise, the client is automatically disconnected when the time limit is reached.

• You don't need to worry about logging into Skype and accepting connection requests.

• Getting re-connected if you are cut off or providing refunds for non-delivery is built in.

• You don't have to give out your personal Skype address.

To get started, set-up some offers for typical booking lengths, 10 minutes, 15 minutes and 20 minutes.
You can set yourself up for DirectCam and set-up all your DirectCam Special Offers via the Webcam Tab of your Edit Profile Page.

RE: 14 years of Webcam Bookings coming to an end - L2018 - 08-05-2019

Had a sweat on when I got this email. I thought it meant all webcamming coming to an end!
Is there any possible reason for this? Do you think AW are noticing a loss in business on camming and concerned it's because of clients being taken away from the site? I know that payment is done on AW so should not make a difference but you can bet your bottom dollar some try and flunk this rule to save money.

RE: 14 years of Webcam Bookings coming to an end - SwingingMilf - 08-05-2019

This is not something I will be offering and tbh I am not happy about it. Adultwork are now actively offering members a refund for direct cam special offers not completely redeemed. I was offering a discounted rate for a set booking - they blew their load before said time and they can apply for a refund equal to the amount of time not used. They get a cheaper per minute rate. My special offers got taken off as soon as this was confirmed by AW then I was sent a screenshot of AW from the service seeker point of view and they have a special link clearly visible stating 'claim your refund here'

RE: 14 years of Webcam Bookings coming to an end - admin - 08-05-2019

(08-05-2019, 20:01)L2018 Wrote: Had a sweat on when I got this email. I thought it meant all webcamming coming to an end!
Is there any possible reason for this? Do you think AW are noticing a loss in business on camming and concerned it's because of clients being taken away from the site? I know that payment is done on AW so should not make a difference but you can bet your bottom dollar some try and flunk this rule to save money.

If I had to guess, its either to stop a loss in revenue, related to GDPR or maybe its the cause of alot of disputes.

(08-05-2019, 20:17)SwingingMilf Wrote: This is not something I will be offering and tbh I am not happy about it.  Adultwork are now actively offering members a refund for direct cam special offers not completely redeemed.  I was offering a discounted rate for a set booking - they blew their load before said time and they can apply for a refund equal to the amount of time not used.  They get a cheaper per minute rate.  My special offers got taken off as soon as this was confirmed by AW then I was sent a screenshot of AW from the service seeker point of view and they have a special link clearly visible stating 'claim your refund here'

They can be exploited yes. If offering them I would probably be using my normal rate nowadays to stop the discounted rate being abused.

Then its not a special offer lol

Yip Smile I would not be treating the feature as a special offer anymore. You'll also be paying for the facility fee on them now as the old bookings didnt have that.

RE: 14 years of Webcam Bookings coming to an end - Gracie_Rocks - 08-05-2019

Sorry to be a debbie downer but this has annoyed me.. There's lots of days where I get like 20% of my earnings from Skype bookings, some guys prefer it for better connection/better c2c/audio etc. I feel like this will just drive those guys away from the site..

I agree. If JCI was up to scratch it wouldnt be so bad but the software just doesnt compare

RE: 14 years of Webcam Bookings coming to an end - BigDonna - 09-05-2019

[quote='admin' pid='106328' dateline='1557340971']
Today marks the end of days when the much loved staple of webcamming is to be phased out, bookings via MSN, Yahoo, Skype, Facetime etc are to go. Its been a feature of Adultwork since early 2005.

Service providers will instead be encouraged to use the Directcam Special Offers feature instead.

Benefits of Using DirectCam Special Offers
Hi
  • You can set non-negotiable rates for fixed length sessions, which potential customers can see whether you are online or not in conjunction with your DirectCam Availability.

• You can opt to allow the client to continue beyond a special offer duration at the same discounted per minute rate.  Otherwise, the client is automatically disconnected when the time limit is reached.

• You don't need to worry about logging into Skype and accepting connection requests.

• Getting re-connected if you are cut off or providing refunds for non-delivery is built in.

• You don't have to give out your personal Skype address.

To get started, set-up some offers for typical booking lengths, 10 minutes, 15 minutes and 20 minutes.
You caelf up for DirectCam and set-up all your DirectCam Specia............

This is STUPID. adult work know direct cam does not support flash, making it soon to be unusable and chrome and IE, they're going to end up with no usable camming pla