Adultwork Forum

Full Version: Adultworker who makes an appointment then lets you down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Yesterday I had an apointment to see someone through Adultwork - she responded to my email, we agreed a time, I was given a postcode, but an address - which is quite usual. I am used to calling when reaching the venue and then being given final directions. But in this case she didn't/wouldn't answer her phone - leaving me at a location I had travelled out to.

At a time when adultworkers report that there is a falling off of punters, this all seemed rather incomprehensible to me. Why would someone set up a website, provide plausible consistent photos - agree a time and date and then let you donw like that?

I have heard that some of the profiles are false and are designed to lure unsuspecting punters - so that they can be robbed and wondered whether this was true in this case. When I make, what I hope will be the call to give me final directions - I generally make the call from a different location to where someone would expect me to be - in this case I was well away from the tube station. I wonder if it saved me this time.

I'm not naming names...yet

Anyone have any clues what is going on here?
(18-04-2012, 14:52)alapin Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone have any clues what is going on here?

Only you and the lady will know what really happened, have you spoken to her or sent a message on AW? These things can happen and there may be a reasonable explanation.

How long did you give her before you left to go home?

Sarah x x x
(18-04-2012, 15:03)wife4rent Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-04-2012, 14:52)alapin Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone have any clues what is going on here?

Only you and the lady will know what really happened, have you spoken to her or sent a message on AW? These things can happen and there may be a reasonable explanation.

How long did you give her before you left to go home?

Sarah x x x

I made several calls and sent an email - absolutely no response. I waited around for a call for sometime afterwards - checked my mobile to make sure it was not on "anonmyous" mode. I never got a call back, so in all probability however long I would have waited would make no difference whatever. I had also confirmed the booking both by email and the morning before.

When I make an appointment, unless I fall under a bus, I turn up, so I am feeling a bit peeved.
It's a tough judgement call, and not one that we can easily make third hand.

It is, of course, entirely possible that something went wrong... I mean... she may have been taken ill, or lost her phone or made a mess of her diary and double booked herself or forgotten to write you in or run out of battery without realising or left her phone off after the previous appointment without realising.... or even been knocked down by a bus! (let's hope not!!!)

She may well have been sitting there wondering why you hadn't turned up.

Out of interest... did you actually speak to her on the phone to arrange, or was it all done via e-mail.

What I am getting at is, is it possible that you had the wrong number??

Either you copied it down wrong or else she mailed you the wrong number?

Just a thought.

I would try mailing her on the AW system and check out how long she has been on the site and when she last logged in and click through her feedback to make sure it looks credible... and double check the number, just in case.

All kinds of things can go wrong at the last minute and it is easy to presume that one party is messing the other around when that might not be the case.
All of which is eminently sensible advice. I make a point to check the telephone number very carefully and the number gven me by email tallied with the number on the AW website as did the number on my sent list. What was curious about the whole episode was that she emailed me to say that she would be in London specially to meet me (she was arranging to be away for a week or two - but I had requested a whole afternoon liasion) - I confirmed by email, stated I would call the next morning, which I did - but the number was never answered - and this led me to check very carefully the number.

Of course the possibilities listed in para 2 crossed my mind, but failing a serious accident, I would have thought she would have at least replied to me in some way, as in "where the hell were you?"

I agree that many things could go wrong, for example had my phone simply died, I would never have been able to call, that is why I didn't want to name names. I also didn't want to find myself blacklisted on some website that I was not aware of.
(18-04-2012, 15:09)alapin Wrote: [ -> ]When I make an appointment, unless I fall under a bus, I turn up.

Now if only all punters could make that claim...

Sarah x x x
I don't know what else to say....
(18-04-2012, 17:23)wife4rent Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-04-2012, 15:09)alapin Wrote: [ -> ]When I make an appointment, unless I fall under a bus, I turn up.

Now if only all punters could make that claim...

Sarah x x x

Well - thanks anyway. At the time, I just thought the whole thing was rather weird. I am also very aware that the converse is more often true, than what happened to me - but as far as I am concerned, an agreement is an agreement. So I generally take care to make sure I can arrive on time, but I have also heard stories about punters lured to a location asked where they are and then robbed, so I generally take the precaution of ringing from a slightly different place to where I am supposed to be. Of course there could be a simple, though serious explanation, I thought it odd that she didn't contact me - even though I had left my mobile number in a text message.
In fact she has logged in today to AW - so I guess she's a timewaster or a siren placed to lure horny sailors to their doom.
Pages: 1 2 3 4